- 6eggs, separated
- 3/4lbtoasted hazelnuts, ground
- 1 1/2teaspoonsorange zest
- 3/4lbunsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4cupicing sugar
- 2tablespoonsorange liqueur(Grand Marnier)
- 16mediumstrawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line sides and bottom of 9″ springform pan with parchment paper.
- Beat egg yolks in mixing bowl and add 3/4 cup sugar gradually, beating until light and fluffy.
- In second large bowl, lightly beat egg whites and add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating until stiff.
- Fold yolk mixture into whites.
- Fold in hazelnuts, flour and 1 tsp of the orange zest.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350.
- Let cool, then chill.
- Slice horizontally into 3 layers and set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream together butter and icing sugar in a large bowl, then whip together with orange liqueur and remaining 1/2 tsp orange zest at high speed until light and fluffy.
- Place 2/3 of orange filling in a separate bowl and gently combine with 2/3 of the strawberries.
- Place one layer of cake on plate, spread with 1/2 or strawberry filling.
- Add middle cake layer and repeat.
- Put third layer on top and spread with remaining filling (the 1/3 without berries).
- Decorate with remaining strawberries and refrigerate.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »