- 1 3/4cupsall-purpose flour
- 1cupsweetened flaked coconut
- 1tablespoonbaking powder
- 1tablespoon gratedfresh lemon rind
- 3/4cupheavy cream
- 12ouncesstrawberries, diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a large baking sheet.
- Mix first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl blend cream and eggs together, then pour over flour mixture, add strawberries, and stir just until mixed and dough clumps together.
- Scrape dough onto center of prepared baking sheet and pat into a 9-inch round (dough will be very sticky).
- Sprinkle dough with 2 tbs of sugar.
- Grease a long knife and cut round of dough into 8 wedges, but don’t separate wedges.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until puffed and well browned and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Recut wedges.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »