- 19-inch baked pie crust
- 1 (3 ounce)packagecream cheese
- 1cup ripestrawberries
- 1teaspoon gratedlemons, rind of
- red food coloring
- 3cups freshcantaloupe balls
- Combine cream cheese and milk and spread over the bottom of the pre-baked pie shell.
- Crush strawberries slightly and combine with water; simmer for 5 minutes then press throgh a sieve.
- Discard the seeds.
- Blend sugar, cornstarch, and salt, then stir into strawberry mixture.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture comes to boil.
- Continue stirring over low heat for 2 minutes.
- The mix will be thick and translucent.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and lemon peel.
- Add a few drops red food coloring, mix inches.
- Cool until lukewarm.
- Place cantaloupe balls in pie shell on top of cream cheese mix.
- Spoon strawberry glaze over them.
- Let glaze set before serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »