- 3/4cupwarm water
- 6tablespoonsvegetable oil
- 1 1/2teaspoonssalt
- 3cupsall-purpose flouror bread flour
- 1package fleishmansyeast
- 1/2cupcandied fruit(See **)
- 1/3cup choppedalmonds
- 1/2teaspoonalmond extract
- ** I prefer to mix my own from separate containers of candied cherries, citron, lemon and orange peel rather than use the premixed peel sold for friut cake as the individual fruit flavors remain more distinct this way.
- Add ingredients in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer select white bread or sweet bread and push start; dough will look wet but that is nomal for this bread, don’t be tempted to add more flour.
- Note: I have found that candied fruit and nuts are rather resilient and don’t break up easilly.
- So I find little difference if the fruit and nuts are added at the begining instead of waiting for the additives beep of the machine.
- You can wait if you wish but I tend in this recipe to throw it in with the rest of the ingredients.
- I like my bread less dense so the bread so that the flavor of the bread comes through and I can spread some butter on it.
- If you prefer a more dense fruity bread you can increase the fruit to a full cup.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »