- 1 (8 ounce)packagemanicotti(14 shells)
- 1smallonion, diced
- 2clovesgarlic, minced
- 1/4lbfresh mushrooms, diced
- 1 (32 ounce)containerpart-skim ricotta cheese
- 4ounces shreddedpart-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10 ounce)packagefrozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1teaspoondried basil
- 1teaspoondried oregano
- 1/2teaspoonblack pepper
- 2cupslight spaghetti sauce
- 2tablespoons gratedparmesan cheese
- Cook the manicotti shells according to the package directions, omitting the salt; drain rinse and drain again and place in a large baking dish, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a small saucepan with nonstick cooking spray, add the onion and garlic and saute over medium heat until tender, add the mushrooms and saute until brown.
- Meanwhile, inn a large bowl, combine the ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, the egg, spinach, basil, oregano and pepper, add the onion mixture; mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the manicotti shells, top with the spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese, cover with aluminum foil andbake for 30-35 minutes, or until heated through.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »