- 1 (10 ounce)packagefrozen spinach, thawed and squeezed very dry(as dry as you can get it)
- 1/2cup meltedbutter
- 2 (500 g)containersricotta cheese(do not use low fat)
- 1 1/2cups gratedmozzarella cheese
- 1-2minced garlic clove (optional)
- 1/2cup gratedparmesan cheese
- 4eggs, slightly beaten
- seasoningsalt and pepper(can use white salt)
- 1/8teaspoonnutmeg(or to taste)
- 12lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2cupsmarinara sauce(see my recipe posted on Zaar!)
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Squeeze-dry the thawed spinach very well, (is is very important to make sure there is NO moisture left in the spinach, as this will make the mixture soggy).
- Mix the spinach with the melted butter; set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta, grated mozza cheese, 2 eggs, flour, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg, mix thoroughly.
- Mix the spinach in the ricotta mixture, mix well to combine.
- Spread the mixture onto a cooked lasagna noodle; roll up.
- Repeat with the remaining noodles.
- Lay the rolled noodles into a prepared greased baking dish, seam-side down.
- Cover with a layer of marinara sauce (you do not have to cover the rolls completely with the sauce).
- Sprinkle with Parmesan chees (any amount desired).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- *NOTE* if desired sprinkle grated Mozzeralla cheese over the rolls the last 10 minutes of baking time.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »