- 2 (15 ounce)cansblack beans, drained
- 1 (26 ounce)jarred pasta sauce(I use Ragu)
- 1/2teaspoonground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce)containerricotta cheese
- 2clovesgarlic, finely minced (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce)packagefrozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2largeeggs, beaten
- 1/2cup choppedfresh cilantro
- 9no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2cups shreddedmonterey jack pepper cheese(Pepper Jack cheese)
- Add the beans to a mixing bowl; mash with a potato masher until fairly smooth.
- Add in the pasta sauce, cumin, and garlic; stir to combine.
- In another mixing bowl, add the ricotta, spinach, eggs, and cilantro; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste; stir until just combined; Spread 1/3 of the bean mixture over the bottom of a 13×9 inch casserole dish (glass or ceramic).
- Lay 3 of the lasagna noodles side by side over the bean mixture.
- Spread half of the spinach mixture over the noodles.
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheese over the spinach.
- Lay 3 lasagna noodles over the cheese.
- Spread half of the remaining bean mixture over the noodles.
- Lay the last 3 lasagna noodles over the bean mixture.
- Spread the remaining bean mixture over the noodles.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake in a 375° oven for 40-45 minutes or until bubbling.
- Take dish from oven and remove foil.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top, replace foil cover and let set for 10 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »