- 1 1/2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1teaspoon freshly gratednutmeg
- 1teaspoonground ginger
- 1teaspoonground cumin
- 1pinchground cloves
- 1/2teaspoonbaking soda
- 1cupunsalted butter, softened
- 1cup packedbrown sugar
- 1cupgranulated sugar
- 3cupsold fashioned oatsor quick-cooking rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Into a bowl sift together flour, spices, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy and beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and slowly beat until just combined well.
- Stir in rolled oats and raisins (dough will be stiff).
- Working in batches, drop dough by level tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake in middle of oven until golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet 1 minute and transfer to racks to cool completely.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »