- 1 partially bakedpie crust
- 4tablespoonsunsalted butter
- 1/3cuplight molasses
- 2tablespoonslemon juice
- 1teaspoon gratednutmegor mace
- 1/2teaspoonground cloves
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
- 1/2cupheavy creamor evaporated milk
- 1-1 1/2cuppecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in small skillet over medium heat until it browns, giving off a nutty aroma, and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar to the butter and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Stir in the molasses, lemon juice, nutmeg, cloves, and vanilla and blend well.
- Add the heavy cream or milk and beat until smooth.
- Pour filling into prepared pie shell and spread pecans on top.
- Place in middle rack of preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until pie is golden brown and puffed, and an inserted knife comes out clean.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK–IT WILL BECOME GUMMY!
- Cool on wire rack until set and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »