- 1lblinguineor spaghetti or thin spaghetti, uncooked
- 1lbflank steaks, cut into very thin strips
- 1beef bouillon cube
- 1cuphot water
- 2teaspoonsvegetable oil
- 4-5cupsbroccoli florets
- 2cupslow-sodium tomato sauce
- 15cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2cupred wine vinegar
- 1/2teaspoonhot red pepper flakes
- 1/4cupbrown sugar
- 1/4teaspooncayenne pepper
- 3clovesgarlic, minced
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, stir together marinade ingredients in a large, shallow dish.
- Add beef strips to the marinade.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in 1 cup hot water.
- In a large skillet, warm the oil over high heat until it begins to smoke.
- Drain the beef thoroughly, reserving the marinade.
- Add beef to skillet and saute until nicely browned, about 3 minutes.
- Remove beef with a slotted spoon.
- Reduce heat under skillet to medium and add broccoli and marinade.
- Saute until broccoli is tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, dissolved bouillon and flank steak to skillet.
- When pasta is done, drain it well and transfer to serving dish.
- Spoon steak sauce over top and garnish with cherry tomatoes.
- Serve immediately.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »