- 1cupbutter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2cuptomato paste
- 1 1/2teaspoonssalt
- 3tablespoonsolive oil
- 2lbsshrimp, size 31 to 40,peeled and deveined,tails on
- Glaze: Place all glaze ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan over low heat until butter is melted.
- In a blender or food processor, blend on high speed until the mixture becomes a smooth paste.
- Refrigerate overnight before use.
- Heat the olive oil in a 12-inch saute pan over high heat.
- Add shrimp to the pan and move them around constantly so they will cook completely and evenly.
- Once the shrimp turns pink, add about 1/2 to 3/4 of the glaze to the pan while moving the shrimp.
- Allow the glaze to evenly coat all the shrimp and lightly caramelize on the shrimp.
- Add more sauce if needed, taste to your liking.
- Do not overcook the shrimp.
- Serve the shrimp warm or at room temperature.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »