- 1smallspaghetti squash, cooked by your favorite method and separated into strands(See How to Cook Spaghetti Squash)
- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- 1/2cup mincedonions
- 3-4clovesgarlic, minced
- 2green onions, finely chopped
- 12ouncescooked chickenor cooked turkey
- 2cups cannedcrushed tomatoes
- 1/4cupdry red wine
- 2 1/2teaspoonsfresh oregano or1 teaspoondried oregano
- 1teaspooncrushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 3tablespoonsItalian parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat, sauté onion, garlic and green onions for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken or turkey and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and wine and bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over heated spaghetti squash and serve.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »