- 1 (48 ounce)canchicken broth
- 1/4cupsoy sauce
- 1tablespoonbrown sugar
- 1/4teaspoonAsian chili sauceor red pepper flakes
- 2tablespoonslime juice
- 1inchfresh ginger, peeled and cut into 8 slices
- 3/4lbboneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2lbfresh shrimp or frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1cupshiitake mushrooms
- 1cupsnap peas
- 1red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1teaspoonlime zest
- 1cupbean sprouts
- 2tablespoons choppedfresh cilantro
- Combine broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, chili sauce, lime juice and ginger and boil for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss chicken with cornstarch until it is completely coated.
- Add the chicken, Shrimp and shiitakes to the broth and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in snap peas, red pepper, bean sprouts, lime zest and cilantro.
- Let soup stand 5 minutes before serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »