- 1/3cuponions, finely chopped
- 1clovegarlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2teaspoonsfresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2teaspoonhot paprika
- 1pinchground cloves
- 1tablespoonolive oil
- 1 1/2tablespoonscider vinegar
- 1 (15 ounce)cantomatoes, coarsely chopped(reserve juice)
- 2tablespoonsbrown sugar
- Saute onion, garlic, ginger and spices in olive oil in large saucepan over moderately low heat.
- Stir frequently until onion is softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and simmer over moderately low heat about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes with juice and brown sugar.
- Increase heat slighly and simmer, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Puree sauce in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Be careful when blending hot liquids.
- Serve at room temp or slightly warmer.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »