- 1/2teaspoon gratedfresh ginger
- 1/2teaspoonground cardamom
- 1/2teaspoonground cumin
- 1tablespoonlime juice
Curried Butter Sauce
- 2egg yolks
- 2teaspoonscurry powder
- 1tablespoonlemon juice
- 1clovegarlic, crushed
- 1teaspoondry mustard
- 125gbutter, melted and hot
- Combine quail, ginger, cardamom, cumin and lime juice in a bowl, refrigerate a few hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, tie quail legs together and cover the legs with aluminium foil.
- Place quail on a rack in a baking dish and cook in a moderate oven about 30 minutes or unti browned and tender, keep warm.
- Curried Butter Sauce:.
- Blend or process egg yolks, curry powder, juice, garlic and mustard until smooth.
- With motor running, pour in hot bubbling butter a little at a time, blend until mixture is thickened.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »