- 3 (16 ounce)cansyams
- 1 (6 ounce)canfrozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1tablespoonlemon juice
- 3tablespoonsdark brown sugar
- 1teaspoonground ginger
- 1dashground cloves
- 6pork chops, trimmed of fat,1 inch thick
- 1tablespoonoilor canola oil
- 1orange, thinly sliced,garnish (optional)
- 6sprigsfresh parsley, garnish (optional)
- Drain yams, saving canning liquid; set aside yams for now.
- Measure out about 2 cups liquid (add water if necessary) and add orange juice, sugar, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- Brown chops well on each side in oil in a heavy skillet; drain off fat- don’t overcook, just brown them.
- Pour syrup mixture over chops, cover, and simmer on low heat for 45 minutes,turning chops over occasionally and adding a touch of water if needed, and adding the yams during the last 15 minutes of cooking time, spooning the sauce over the yams and chops to coat.
- Serve chops with yams and sauce ladled on top of each serving, garnished with a parsley and orange slices.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »