- 2mediumonions, coarsely chopped
- 2clovesgarlic, coarsely chopped
- 1fennel bulb, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1teaspoondried thyme
- 1/4cupolive oil
- 1/2cupdry sherry
- 9cupschicken stock
- 1cup finely groundalmonds
- 1cupheavy cream
- 1 1/2cups finely chopped cookedwhite chicken meat
- salt and pepper
- 1/4cup finely choppedfresh parsley, for garnish
- In a heavy-bottomed, 4-quart saucepan, cook the onions, garlic, fennel, and thyme in the olive oil over high heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the sherry, reduce the heat to moderate, and cook 5 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the chicken stock, almonds, and cream and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to moderate and cook 25 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook 5 minutes, or until the chicken is heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish each portion with parsley just before serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »