- 1bunchItalian parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2cupextra virgin olive oil
- 3clovesgarlic, diced
- 3dried chilies, crushed (optional)
- salt, to season
- Bring salted water to a boil, and cook spaghetti for about 8 minute.
- Remove just before the al dente stage.
- Drain but reserve a few ladles of pasta water.
- Toast breadcrumbs along with parsley in a dry saucepan until golden brown.
- In another pan, heat extra virgin olive oil and combine garlic and chili peppers.
- Cook for a few minutes or until golden brown.
- Do not burn the garlic; otherwise it will become bitter.
- Add spaghetti to the pan with olive oil and mix well.
- To prevent dryness, ladle some pasta water to the pasta.
- Cook for another minute or until desired state of al dente.
- Mix in toasted breadcrumbs and parsley before serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »