- 4chicken breasts
- 1wholered pepper
- 1/2cup shreddedcheese(of choice)
- plain Doritos, crunched into bits
- tortillas(if making wraps)
- fajita seasoning mix or taco seasoning, to coat
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1headlettuce, cleaned and shredded or chopped
Italian Dressinguse 1/8 cup
- 1/4cupvegetable oil
- 1/8cupcider vinegar
- 1/4teaspoon mincedgarlic
- 1/4teaspoon gratedparmesan cheese
Salsause 1/4 cup
- 1/4teaspoonlemonsor lime juice
- jalapenos, to taste(I use 3 from jar of sliced)
- 1/2teaspoongarlic salt
- Heat griddle or with a little oil.
- You can also do this on the bbq.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper& fajita seasoning (gernerously on the season) and cook in pan or griddle over low heat.
- Put whole red pepper over low heat on griddle or in seperate pan.
- Watch carefully and trun when each side is about 30% blackened on skin.
- Once blackened on all sides remove, devein and cut into strips- should be soft.
- When chicken is done, remove from pan& cut into slices.
- If making fresh dressing- combine all ingredients and mix well.
- If making fresh salsa- put all ingredients in food processor and pulse until desired consistency.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, crunched doritos, cheese, dressing, salsa, chicken and pepper- mix well and serve immediately or fold in warmed tortilla for wraps.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »