- 1cupself-rising cornmeal
- 1cupself-rising flour
- 1/4teaspooncayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 (12 ounce)containers freshoysters, drained
- vegetable oil
- In a mixing bowl, add the first 3 ingredients; stir to combine.
- In another bowl, combine the egg and milk; whisk to combine.
- Dip oysters in egg mixture, then dredge in flour mixture.
- Add oil to 2-3 inch depth in a cast-iron dutch oven; heat to 375 degrees.
- Fry oysters in oil until golden, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »