- 2 1/2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1 1/2tablespoonsbaking powder
- 3/4cup coldbutteror margarine
- 1cup coldmilk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease one 12-cup muffin pan (2&1/2-inch size).
- In large bowl combine flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Cut butter into thin slices and add to dry mixture.
- Using a pastry cutter or low speed of your mixer, combine the butter with the dry mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk, with a spoon or fork.
- Stirring only until flour mixture is moistened.
- Batter will be thick and lumpy.
- Spoon into muffin cups, dividing evenly between all 12 cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- When done, remove from muffin pan immediately.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »