- 2smallyellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced about 1/4 in thick
- 1/3cupvidalia onions, sliced thin
- 1garlic clove, crushed
- 3slicesturkey bacon
- 1/4cupdry white wine
- 1/2teaspoonSplenda sugar substitute
- 1teaspoonall purpose Greek seasoning, like cavendar (optional)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1teaspoonolive oil
- Fry turkey bacon over medium-high heat in pan until crisp.
- Depending on the brand of turkey bacon you use you may need to coat the pan slightly with cooking spray.
- Remove bacon from pan and let drain on paper towels if oily, then crumble when cooled.
- In the same pan, over medium-high heat add olive oil and then onions.
- Sauté onions until they start to become translucent.
- Add garlic, and yellow squash.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté for 1-2 minutes until squash is still crisp-tender.
- Add white wine and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add Splenda and Greek seasoning and stir to combine.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes or until your desired tenderness for squash.
- Just before serving, stir in crumbled bacon and serve.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »