- 1cupsourdough starter
- 1 1/2cupswarm water
- 2tablespoonswhite sugaror brown sugar
- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- 3-4cupsflour(I use 1/2 white and 1/2 whole wheat.)
- butter, melted
- Lightly oil a 9 x 13 inch pan or line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine starter, water, yeast, salt, sugar and oil.
- Stir in flour, adding flour 1/2 cup at a time until dough is manageable.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead well.
- Place dough in a bowl and cover, set in a warm place to double in size.
- When double, punch dough down and with lightly floured hands, form into rolls.
- Place on prepared pan and let rise until doubled then bake approximately 20 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
- Last 5 minutes of baking, brush with melted butter and return to oven.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »