- 2lbsred beansor black beans
- 1bigbell peppers
- 1bunchgreen onions
- 1 1/2cupsbuttermilkor sour cream
- Boil the beans until they are soft, making sure that the water doesn’t evaporate–adding more water if it’s necessary to keep the beans covered.
- Cut up all of the vegetables into very fine pieces.
- Find a 6 liter pan and melt the margarine stick in it.
- Then dump in the sliced vegetables and fry them in the butter until they are browned.
- Dump out in all of the excess water from the beans.
- Set this mixture to boil and add in the buttermilk or sour cream.
- If you want to add in pepper, salt, vinager, or garlic then do it now.
- Beat 3 eggs in a bowl.
- Add in the eggs to the soup while stirring and continue stirring until they are completely mixed inches Then crack open the rest of the eggs and drop them in, one by one.
- The eggs are an optional part of the soup, however.
- Cook of the soup until it’s boiled and the eggs are completely done and then serve it on top of rice with tortillas.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »