- 1/2cupwarm water
- 1packagedry yeast
- 1/4cupbutter, melted and cooled
- 5cupsflour, to make a non-sticky dough
- Mix the yeast and warm water and let sit for a couple of minutes to proof.
- Separate the egg and set the egg white aside.
- Mix the yolk, sugar, cooled butter, milk, and salt together.
- Add the flour gradually to make a non-sticky dough.
- Knead for 5 minutes.
- Rise for 1 hour.
- Roll out about 1/4″ thick and cut dough into 1″ strips.
- Roll between hands into a rope; shape the rope into a pretzel; let rise about 15-20 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoons water to the egg white and mix well.
- Brush on the pretzels carefully and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes or till brown.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »