- 1cupunsalted butter
- 3ouncescream cheese
- 1largeegg yolk
- 1teaspoonalmond extract
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
- 2 1/4cupsall-purpose flour
- colored crystal sugar, for decoration
- Cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in egg yolk and extracts, then gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix together the flour and salt, then slowly add flour mixture just until well blended.
- Put dough in cookie press and make favorite shapes (wreath, tree, etc.).
- Sprinkle with colored sugar and bake in 350-degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and let set on baking sheet 3 minutes to set.
- Cool on wire rack.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »