- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- 1 1/2lbsyellow squash, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 2clovesgarlic, finely chopped or put through garlic press
- 1/4cup finely choppedfresh basil
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot, But not smoking, then add half of the squash and saute, stirring occionally, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer browned squash to a bowl, then heat remaing olive oil and saute remaining squash in the same maner.
- Return squash from bowl to skillet, add garlic and saute, stirring occasionally, 1 minute.
- Add water, salt, and pepper and simmer briskly, covered, until squash is tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in basil and serve.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »