- 1 1/2cupssugar
- 1 1/2teaspoonssalt
- 3cupswhite flour
- 3/4cup purecocoa
- 2 1/4teaspoonsbaking soda
- 1 1/8cupsmayonnaise
- 1 1/2cups coldbrewed coffee
- 1/4cupstrawberry marmalade
- In bowl, mix sugar, salt, flour, cocoa, and baking soda.
- Carefully mix in mayonnaise and coffee.
- Pour in mold lined with greased foil.
- Tightly wrap mold with more aluminium foil, so as to steam doesn’t ruin the cake (or use the paper towel method: place 5-6 thick paper towels between slow cooker lid and mold).
- Bake on high for 2 1/2- 3 hours, depending on slow cooker.
- When cake is baked let it cool completely, then sandwich it, fill with a thin layer of marmalade and reassemble it.
- If you used a”tall” slow cooker like my old Rival 3100 you can even cut it twice and use two kinds of marmalade.
- The cake keeps wonderfully in the fridge if well wrapped in foil for three days at least.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »