- 2tablespoonscanola oil
- 2clovesgarlic, minced
- 1largeonion, quartered.
- 1 1/2lbs cubedpork(1/2 to 1 inch cubes)
- 3cupschicken broth
- 1teaspoonfresh ground pepper
- 1/4teaspoon crusheddried oregano, to taste
- 1/2teaspoonground cumin, to taste
- 1teaspoonkosher salt
- 2 (4 ounce)cansgreen chilies
- 1 (15 ounce)candiced tomatoes(do not drain)
- 4largepotatoes, 1 inch cubed. steamed or boiled
- Saute garlic and onions in oil till tender.
- Add broth, water and pork bring to a low boil for 15 minute.
- skim of any fat or scum that form.
- Boil or steam potatoes in a seperate pot or steamer,15 minute.
- Add chilies,tomatoes,potatoes, and spices.
- Cover and reduce to a simmer, For 10 to 15 mimutes, or till pototes are tender.
- SERVE WITH:.
- Warmed tortillas, (corn or flour) Or Corn Bread.
- You can use fresh peppers.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »