- 3cupsall-purpose flour, more
- flour, for kneading
- 2teaspoonskosher salt
- 1tablespoonfresh rosemary, chopped
- 1teaspoonextra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4cupswater
- Combine flour, salt and rosemary in a large bowl.
- Stir in water and oil until dough comes together.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth, about 5 minutes, dusting surface lightly with flour as needed.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rest for 30 minutes at room temp or up to 2 hours in the fridge.
- Heat a 10″ to 12″ cast iron or other heavy skillet over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles off on contact.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide the dough into 6 portions.
- Roll each piece into 8″ round, put in the heated skillet and cook until golden brown spots appear on the bottom and the bread begins to puff, 1- 2 minutes.
- Flip the bread, and cook until spots appear, then transfer to a plate (cover with a towel to keep warm).
- Repeat the cooking process with the remaining 5 dough portions.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »