- 10-16ouncesrice noodles
- 3clovesgarlic, crushed or minced,to taste
- 8ouncesshrimp, peeled (optional)
- 8ounceschickensor pork or shrimp, cut into dice or matchsticks
- 1cupbean sprouts
- 1/4cup chopped or groundpeanuts
- 1red chili pepper, finely chopped or1 teaspoonred pepper flakes (optional)
- 1cup slicedcabbage
- cilantro leaves
- lime wedges
- 1/4cupThai fish sauce
- 1/4cupwhite vinegar
- 2tablespoonswhite sugar
- Soak the rice noodles in cold water at least two hours before cooking.
- In a large wok, heat oil and stir-fry garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and other meat if used.
- Add the noodles, and stir-fry until done.
- Add sauce ingredients, cook to allow most of this to be absorbed (2 minutes or so).
- Spread wok contents out to the sides.
- Add eggs, scramble or crack the eggs directly into the wok.
- Stir until partially cooked or in forms of’streaky’ yellow and white eggs.
- Add noodle mixture into wok.
- Add 1/2 the bean sprouts, peanuts, red pepper into the mixture.
- Serve hot, garnished with the rest of the bean sprouts, chopped cabbage, cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges to be squeezed into the noodles.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »