- 1/2lbmedium shrimp, shelled,deveined,cooked & cut in half
- 1/2lbpork loin, cooked thin sliced(like stir fry)
- 8ouncesrice noodles
- 1bunchfresh basil, leaves plucked from the stem
- 1cupfresh cilantro, chopped
- 1cupfresh mint, chopped
- 2cupsbean sprouts
- 12largerice paper sheets
- 1cuphoisin sauce
- 1tablespooncreamy peanut butter
- 4tablespoonspeanuts, chopped
- Add rice noodles to a pot of boiling water and cook until tender apprx 6-7 minutes, drain and rinse well to prevent sticking.
- Fill a bowl large enough to slide a wrapper into with warm water.
- dip one wrapper at a time into the warm water for apprx 30 seconds or until soft and pliable.
- Make each roll when you remove the wrapper from the water.
- Lay the wrapper on a flat surface, place 2-4 basil leaves side by side about 2″ from an edge of the wrapper,lay 4-5 shrimp halves on the basil leaves, add a small amount of pork,then some noodles, cilantro& mint.
- portion the ingredients so you will have even amounts for all your rolls.
- Starting at the filling end roll over one end of the wrapper, fold in the ends and continue to roll.
- Do a nice tight roll but be careful not to tear.
- The roll should be apprx 1″-1 1/2″ thick.
- Warm the sauce ingredients, bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- serve warm or room temperature with the rolls.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »