- 1/2cupplain nonfat yogurt
- 2tablespoonswhite wine vinegar
- 2teaspoonsground ginger
- 1/2teaspooncrushed red pepper flakes
- 2mediumtomatoes, chopped
- 2lbs shelled and deveinedshrimp(3-4 lbs in shells)
- 3-5tablespoonssafflower oilor vegetable oil
- 1cup mincedonions
- 6cups hotcooked rice
- fresh cilantro stems(to garnish)
- About 30 minutes before serving, in blender or food processor, blend together yogurt through garlic on the ingredient list at medium speed until smooth.
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook shrimp in 3 Tbs hot oil until just tender, approximately 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add more oil if necessary.
- Remove shrimp from skillet with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- In remaining oil (again add more if necessary), cook onion until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt mixture.
- Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until the mixture is slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet.
- Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »