- 1bunchgreen onions, chopped
- 1lbshrimp, peeled &,deveined(if large, cut in half)
- 1teaspoonseasoning salt
- 1teaspooncayenne pepper
- 1teaspoongarlic pepper seasoning
- 1teaspoonfresh ground black pepper
- 3cups gratedmonterey jack cheese
- 1loafFrench bread
- Melt butter in skillet and add green onions, shrimp (or crawfish) and seasonings; cook until shrimp are just done (8-10 minutes).
- Slice 1/3 of the top off the bread and dig out insides of bottom, leaving a 1/2″ shell.
- Sprinkle half the cheese in the shell, pour the shrimp mixture over the cheese, and top with remaining cheese.
- Replace top of bread on the loaf.
- Wrap loaf in aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Allow loaf to cool a bit before slicing; serve warm.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »