- 1 (10 3/4 ounce)cancream of shrimp soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce)cancream of mushroom soup
- 2cupswater(I usually use shrimp stock)
- 1/2cup coarsely choppedbell peppers
- 2cups dicedcarrots
- 1/4cup finely choppedwhite onions
- 1stalkcelery, coarsely chopped
- 1cupgreen peas
- 1/2cupbutton mushrooms
- 1/4teaspoongarlic powder
- 3tablespoonssherry wine
- 1/2teaspoondry mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1lb choppedmedium shrimp
- 1lb flakedcrabmeat
- Set your burner on medium.
- Take a large skillet and put in the 2 cans of soup and the 2 cups of water, stirring until mixture becomes smooth.
- Then add the margarine, cover the pan,and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add everything else except the shrimp and crabmeat, and spend about 5 minutes stirring the soup over a medium fire.
- Cover the skillet, reduce the heat back to simmer and let the base cook for 30 minutes.
- Finally, add the chopped raw shrimp and crabmeat and stir them in well.
- Re-cover the skillet and let the bisque simmer for about 10 more minutes or until the shrimp turn pink and tender.
- A green salad and of course, french bread make this a great fall meal.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »