- 6 1/2ouncestuna, washed,drained and flaked
- 3/4cuponions, finely chopped
- 1tablespoonsun-dried tomatoesor ovendried tomatoes
- 3/4cupcelery, washed and finely chopped
- 1cup gratedmozzarella cheese
- 2eggs, beaten
- oil, as required to fry
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna with the onion, sun-dried/oven dried tomatoes and celery.
- Divide this mixture into 6 equal parts.
- Spread each portion of the mixture onto 6 slices of bread.
- Top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Then, carefully press down another bread slice over each of the prepared bread slices.
- This way make the sandwiches.
- Combine the milk and egg mixture in a big and wide bowl.
- Carefully dip each sandwich in this mixture.
- Heat a few tbsps.
- of oil in a non-stick pan.
- Shallow fry all the prepared sandwiches in the oil, one at a time.
- Make sure the sandwiches are browned on both sides before removing and draining on clean paper kitchen towels.
- Serve hot.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »