- 1tablespooncooking oil
- 2tablespoonscoriander powder
- 1tablespooncumin powder
- 1teaspoonamchur powder
- 1teaspoonground cayenne pepper, less for those who do not want it too spicy or black pepper
- 1/4teaspoonturmeric powder(omit if using the black pepper)(optional)
- Wash and dry the okras.
- Remove the ends and then make a slit (not completely) through lengthwise so that you can stuff the spices into the okra.
- Do not cut the okra through and through.
- Mix all the spices and seasonings and stuff a small amount of the mix in each okra.
- Place the okras in a skillet and sprinkle with oil (I use a non stick).
- Cook stirring gently and occasionally from time to time so that it does not burn.
- YOu can also make this in a microwave on high for 3- 4 minutes.
- I love this with a dal and meat accompaniment or with phulkas.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »