- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- 1largeonion, chopped
- 3clovesgarlic, to taste,crushed to a paste
- 2 (28 ounce)cansdiced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2cupdry white wine
- 1/4cup choppedfresh parsley
- 1/2teaspoondried basil
- 1/2teaspoon coarsleyground black pepper
- 1bay leaf
- 24littleneck clams
- 1 1/2lbscrab legs
- 1lb unpeeled freshlarge shrimp
- Heat olive oil in a very large, heavy pot, over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until soft, stirring frequently.
- Pour in tomatoes and white wine.
- Season with parsley, basil, salt, pepper and the bay leaf.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until liquid is reduced almost completely, about 1 hour.
- Add clams, scallops, clams, crab legs and shrimp to the pot.
- Cover, and cook over medium heat until clams open.
- Scoop portions into large bowls to serve.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »