- 3onions, diced
- 2slicesbacon, chopped
- 4cupspotatoes, cubed
- 1stalkcelery, diced
- 1ear of corn, kernels only
- 1cuplow-fat plain yogurt
- 1bay leaf
- Using a stock pot, brown bacon over medium heat until crispy.
- Once cooked, remove bacon and allow to cool, and crumble.
- Reserve bacon.
- Add onions, potatoes, celery, and corn kernels to the stock pot using just enough water to cover.
- Simmer over a low-medium heat until tender (about 10-15 minutes).
- Add seafood and cook until done.
- Whisk in butter, flour, salt, pepper, bacon, savory, bay leaf, milk and yogurt, being careful not to heat the chowder to a point where it boils, as this can causes the milk to curdle.
- Garnish with parsley and corn kernels.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »