- 3/4lblean ground beef
- 2teaspoonsyellow mustard
- 9slicesAmerican cheese, divided
- 2 (8 ounce)packagesrefrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 16slicesdill pickles
- 3largeplum tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375°F Chop onion.
- In frying pan, cook ground beef with onions over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Add ketchup, mustard and 5 of the cheese slices, cut up; stir until cheese is melted.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles.
- Arrange triangles in a circle on a 13-inch round pan or baking stone with points towards the outside.
- (There should be a 5-inch diameter opening in the center.) Scoop meat mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle.
- Top each scoop with pickle slice.
- Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring.
- (filling will not be completely covered.) Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Cut each of the remaining 4 cheese slices into 4 triangles.
- Arrange cheese triangles over top of ring.
- Slice tomatoes.
- Arrange tomato slices around inside center of ring.
- Slice lettuce into thin strands.
- Place in center of ring.
- Serve with additional ketchup and mustard, if desired.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »