- 2tablespoons mincedonions
- 1tablespoonwhite wine vinegar
- 1teaspoonground coriander
- 1/4cup coldunsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 3/4lbsea scallops
- vegetable oil, for brushing scallops
- 2tablespoons mincedfresh cilantro
- In a small heavy saucepan simmer the onion, the vinegar, the water, and the ground coriander until the liquid is reduced to about 1 tablespoon and whisk in the butter, 1 piece at a time, lifting the pan from the heat occasionally to let the mixture cool adding each new piece of butter before the previous one has melted completely.
- (The sauce should not get hot enough to liquefy- It should be the consistency of thin hollandaise).
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper, transfer it to a bowl set in a larger bowl of warm water, and keep it warm.
- Brush the scallops with the oil, heat a ridged grill pan over high heat until it is hot and just begins to smoke, and in it grill the scallops, for 5 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through.
- Whisk the fresh cilantro into the butter sauce.
- Serve the scallops with the warm butter sauce.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »