- 3largechicken breasts
- 3Italian sausages(or any other sausage that you have on hand or like)
- 1/2smallonion, chopped
- 3garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce)cansstewed tomatoes
- 1/4cup grated muncheecheese (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a sheet pan with foil.
- Take a chicken breast, and starting at the thick end of it, cut a hole straight through it (try not to cut the ckicken open anywhere but the top).
- Enlarge the hole to a size that you’ll be able to get the sausage into.
- Cut the casing off of the sausages and stuff them gentley into the chicken breasts; using a toothpick, close the hole at the top end of the chicken.
- Heat a large pan over high heat with a little butter an oil in it.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper then place seasoned side down into the pan; season the other side.
- Flip the chicken when the first side is browned (about 1-3 minutes) and brown the other side; transfer the chicken to the baking sheet and into the oven.
- Begin to bring a large pot of salted water to a boil**.
- Meanwhile, in the same pan that you seared the chicken in, add a little more butter and the onions and garlic; saute’ over medium-low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the stewed tomatoes and salt and pepper, and let simmer until everything is ready (break up any chunks of tomato with your spoon).
- If the sauce begins to dry out, just add some of the pasta water to it.
- **When the water begins to boil, add the pasta.
- When the pasta is done, drain it, add it to the sauce, and toss them together, remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- At this time the chicken breasts should be done.
- Remove them from the oven, carefully remove the toothpicks, slice them from long end to long end, and lay them on top of the pasta.
- Sprinkle with the munchee cheese, ENJOY!
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »