- 1lbitalian sweet sausage
- 1/2 choppedonion
- 1tablespoon mincedgarlic
- 1/2teaspoonitalian seasoning
- 1 (48 ounce)canchicken broth
- 1carrot, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce)packagefrozen chopped spinach
- 1/4cup uncookedpearl barley
- 2teaspoonschicken soup base
- Thaw and drain spinach well.
- Remove casings from sausage and cook thoroughly in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and Italian seasoning to the sausage.
- When done remove from heat and drain.
- In a slow cooker place the sausage, chicken broth, carrot, spinach, barley and soup base.
- Cook on high 4 hours or 6 to 8 hours on low.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »