- 2tablespoonsunsalted butter
- 1mediumonion, chopped
- 1stalkcelery, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 10ouncesfresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2mediumboiling potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2cupsbottled clam juice
- 1/2cupdry white wine
- 1teaspoondried tarragon
- 1/4teaspoondried thyme
- 1/2teaspoonwhite pepperor black pepper
- 1/2cupheavy cream
- 1lbsalmon fillets, skinned and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1cupfrozen baby peas, thawed
- salt, to taste
- mincedfresh parsleyor chives
- In a big skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Saute the onion, celery, and mushrooms for about 7 minutes or until the mushrooms have given off their liquid and start to brown.
- In a 4-quart slow cooker add the sauteed vegetables and potatoes; stir to combine.
- Add in the clam juice, water, wine, tarragon, thyme, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or until the potatoes are tender.
- In a bowl, add the cornstarch and cream; whisk to combine; add into the chowder; stir to combine.
- Add in the salmon and peas; increase heat to HIGH; cover and cook about 15 minutes or until the salmon is firm.
- Add salt to taste.
- Ladle chowder into individual soup bowls; sprinkle with parsley or chives.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »