- 50gwhite pumpkinor red pumpkins
- 50gbrinjalor eggplants
- 50gchickpeas, soaked for 2 hrs(chanadal)
- 2green chilies
- 1teaspoonturmeric powder
- 1tablespooncoriander powder
- 2tablespoonstamarind juice
- chop all the veggies into medium sized peices.
- put all the chopped vegetables together with all the spices and oil and half a cup water in a pressure cooker and cook for 10 minutes or untill all the veggies are cooked and soft.
- remove from fire and allow to cool a little.
- using the back of a wooden spoon, mash all the vegetables and the dal and the spinach untill they become a fine paste (no blender).
- put it back on heat and add the tamarind juice.
- mix well and serve hot with”bhuga chawar”.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »