For the Waffles
- 1/4cupbuckwheat flour
- 1/4cupwheat flour
- 1/2cupunbleached all purpose flour
- 1/8teaspoonground cardamom
- 2teaspoonsunsweetened cocoa powder
- 3teaspoonsbaking powder
- 4tablespoonsturbinado sugar, heaped
- 2tablespoonsvegetable oilor canola oil
For the Cream
- 7fluid ouncesheavy whipping cream
- 4ouncesfresh cherries, pitted
- kirsch, enough to cover the cherries
- 1/2lemon, zest of
- 1teaspoonsuperfine sugar
- confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- First you will want to take your pitted cherries, and soak them in enough kirsch to cover them; keep in mind that the longer you soak them, the stronger the flavor.
- Then take out your waffle iron and preheat it.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flours, cardamom, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, combine egg, milk, honey, turbinado sugar and oil.
- Then, Slowly add flour to wet mixture, and just mix to combine; do not mix too much.
- Grease your waffle iron if necessary, and add 1/2 of the mixture to your waffle iron as required (some irons state to put the mixture in the middle, however with most belgian irons, you must put it in each separate section as they are quite deep).
- Close your iron, and allow them to cook until done; Fully preheated, my iron cooked these in about 4 minutes, but please do keep in mind that all waffle irons are different, so the time may vary depending on your waffle iron.
- While your waffle is cooking, drain your cherries.
- Then, whip your cream until you get soft peaks.
- Once you have soft peaks, fold in your cherries, lemon zest and superfine sugar.
- Once your waffle has cooked, top with some of your cherry cream, and dust with confectioner’s sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »