- 2quartspickling cucumbers
- 3 1/2cupswater
- 2tablespoonspickling salt
- 4-8fresh tarragon sprigs
- 2-4mild red chile peppers
- Scrub the cucumbers very well.
- Put the jars in a canner, add water to cover them by 1″, and bring them to a boil; boil for 10 minutes.
- Pack the jars with cucumbers, putting a good sprig or two of tarragon in each jar.
- Add 2-3 cloves of garlic and the pepper; half of one if they are on the large side.
- Make a brine of the vinegar, salt and water and pour over the cucumbers.
- Seal with sterilized lids.
- Set aside for 6 weeks in a cool dark spot before trying.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »