- 3 1/4cupsflour
- 1teaspoonbaking soda
- 1/2cupvegetable shortening
- 1egg, unbeaten
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
- 1/2cupevaporated milk, combined with
- colored crystal sugar
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt in large bowl; mix.
- Beat shortening, sugar, egg, vanilla in separate bowl until well blended; add milk mixture; Add flour mixture; Blend.
- Chill dough for 25-45 minutes or until workable.
- Cover counter top with a dusting of flour.
- Roll dough to a 1/4 inch thick and cut out with selected cookie cutters.
- Place on baking sheet and decorate with colored sugars.
- Bake at 375ºF for 10-12 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »