- 3largeeggs, well beaten
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
- 1cupbutter(or half butter and marg.)
- 1cupbrown sugar
- 1cupwhite sugar
- 2 1/2cupsall-purpose flour
- 2teaspoonsbaking soda
- 2cupsoatmeal(substitute 1/2 cup wheat germ for more healthy cookie, we do and love it better)
- 3/4cup choppedpecans(we leave out)
- Combine eggs, raisins, and vanilla and let stand for one hour.
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Blend in egg-raisin mixture, flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, oatmeal, wheat germ and chopped nuts.
- Dough will be stiff.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoons (I use 1/8 measuring cup and adjust baking time) on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slighly with hand or measuring cup.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 or until lightly browned.
- I like to give the cookie sheet a whack on counter before cooling. It helps make them set up more chewy and more uniform shape.
- I’ve read that many people do this, too.
- Yields: 6 dozen, although since I make mine bigger I get about 2 1/2-3 dozen.
- Note: Secret is soaking of raisins.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »