- 8ouncesfresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1smallonion, cut into thin wedges
- 1garlic clove, minced
- 1tablespoonolive oil
- 2mediumsummer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/3cupbalsamic vinegar
- In a shallow roasting pan combine beans, onion, and garlic.
- Drizzle with olive oil;s prinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss mixture until beans are evenly coated.
- Spread in a single layer.
- Roast in a 450° oven for 8 minutes.
- Stir in squash and roast 6 to 8 minutes more or until vegetables are tender and slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan bring the balsamic vinegar to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat.
- Boil gently about 5 minutes or until vinegar is reduced reduced by half (vinegar will thicken slightly).
- Drizzle the vinegar over roasted vegetables; toss until veggies are evenly coated.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »